Please be advised that the Chesterton is at the top of the scenic ridge.
All guests are strongly encouraged to drive an all-wheel drive vehicle in all weather,
but particularly in wet and snowy conditions.
- All renters must be at least 25 years of age. All minors are the responsibility of the supervising adult.
- 100% of the rental fee is due at the time of booking.
- All renters must keep a credit card on file. A $500 – $1,000 security deposit will be charged at the time of booking. If the property and lodge are left as it was found, then the deposit will be returned within 14 days of departure. Be advised that if the property is damaged, the renter may be charged fees in addition to the security deposit in order to restore the lodge and property to its original condition.
- Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 100% refund if more than 60 days before arrival.
- Refund within 30-60 days before arrival ONLY IF the property re-books.
- No refund within 30 days of arrival.
- Rates are based on a 12 person occupancy. Maximum of 14 guests permitted. Additional guests are $25 per guest per night. Sleeping on couches is prohibited.
- Maximum of 5 cars on the driveway and in the parking area.
- Rates do not include taxes.
- A 2-night minimum (Fri & Sat) is required for all weekend rentals. A 3-night minimum (Fri – Sun) may be required for holiday weekends. Thursday and Sunday are charged at a weekend rate when booked with one weekend night.
- Check-in begins at 3:30 p.m. on the day of arrival. Renters are provided with the entry code specific to your stay in advance. The code will expire on the morning of departure. Re-entry is not permitted.
- Guests must check out by 10:30 a.m. on the day of departure.
- Owner reserves the right to charge additional cleaning and/or repair fees for damage in an amount necessary to restore the property and/or lodge to its condition upon Guest’s arrival. Violations of the following policies will result in additional cleaning and repair fees:
- No pets. Minimum $500 cleaning fee.
- No smoking indoors. Minimum $750 cleaning fee.
- Smoking outdoors only. Minimum $100 cleaning fee for leaving cigarette butts on the ground, porch or patio. A receptacle is provided for cigarette butts and cigar stubs.
- No cutting or chopping wood on the property. Minimum $500 fee for altering the trees in any way.
- No firecrackers, paintball guns, air guns or other weapons permitted. Minimum $500 fee.
- Owner inventories all linens, towels, pillows, etc. during cleaning. Missing items will be subject to a $50-$200 fee, depending on the item.
- Owner reserves the right to charge additional fees for any misuse resulting in filth or other damage to the hot tub. Guest is responsible for using the hot tub appropriately, wearing appropriate attire in the hot tub and keeping all food and drinks away from the hot tub. No glass is permitted in or on the edges of the hot tub. Children and pregnant women are not permitted in the hot tub. Guests with health issues are encouraged to consult a physician prior to hot tub use. Due to routine hot tub maintenance and cleaning, please be advised that the hot tub may not be at its ideal temperature upon arrival, as it may take hours to heat after cleaning. Providing a sanitary hot tub to guests is of utmost priority to Owner, and Owner is not responsible for loss of use for any time it takes the hot tub to reheat after cleaning.
- Guests are to notify Owner immediately of any malfunctioning or broken amenities. Owner will take steps to restore these amenities as soon as possible. No refunds or rental concessions will be made for time without these amenities.
- Guests must adequately supervise all children under the age of 18. The Chesterton is set on 16+ acres of wooded property, including two steep ravines, and the property may contain animals and dangers customary for wooded areas in Ohio. The property may contain plants, including poison ivy. All guests are solely responsible for his or her own safety as well as the safety of any minor children on the property.
- Owner treats the lodge for pests, but guests are reminded that they are in the woods and may see insects, spiders, animals, etc.
- Owner is not responsible for weather and other natural events that cause power or satellite outages. Owner provides a “storm box” for guests, complete with emergency flashlights and other necessary items. When possible, Owner will take steps to remedy the situation. No refunds or rental concessions will be made for natural circumstances affecting Guest’s stay.
- No refunds or rental concessions for inclement weather. Guests are responsible for monitoring the weather and making decisions for their own safety.